The (not-so-definitive) series ran throughout my med school journey from 2017-2021, and was the series that first brought this blog to life. Its working title was ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to __’, in honour of the very iconic Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. I soon realised most people wouldn’t get that obscure reference, so I renamed it. 😦
I couldn’t have imagined that writing a simple post on med school admissions in 2017 would have snowballed into what my blog is today, but I suppose stranger things have happened.
Anyway, here’s all the posts:
- The (not-so-definitive) guide to applying for NUS/NTU Med
- Med School FAQs: “Is Medicine right for me?” and other burning questions
- The (not-so-definitive) guide to surviving your clinical years
- The (not-so-definitive) guide to preparing for the YLLSoM/NUS MBBS
- Life as a M1 // M2 // M3 // M4 // M5
- Life as a Final-Year Medical Student in Singapore during COVID-19
P.S. I don’t make any money from running this blog, so if you’d like to support my writing and help me bring even better content to you, you can buy me a coffee/donate on Ko-fi!
If you’re interested in exploring my blog, click here for an index of all the posts I’ve ever written (travel, musings, doctoring), or check out my most read series below:
- the Chasing Dreams series: a multi-part series chronicling my thoughts, dreams & changing ideals over the years (since 2018), including burnout, quitting the rat race, migration and trying to find my path in life
- the (not-so-definitive) guide to doctoring: Getting into Med School & FAQs | Surviving your Clinical Years | MBBS Tips | Life as a M1 // M2 // M3 // M4 // M5 during COVID // Life as a Doctor (monthly series) | Chasing Careers series