| About | Facebook | Instagram | Ko-fi (support my writing) | LinkedIn |
Back in 2016 when I was only churning out medical school-related or travel posts on this blog, it felt like a disembodied work that was written by me, yet lacked any real reflection of me.
So I started the ‘Chasing Dreams’ series in 2018 as a little side project to share more about my dreams, ideas & values. It was initially just going to be a cute 4-part series over 4 months, but I still had more to say, and so I did.
It’s evolved into a series that chronicles my various phases of life and ever-changing thoughts over the years. I know people aren’t as interested in one random person’s thoughts as compared to my med school/doctoring posts, but I’d be content to continue this series just because I derive so much satisfaction from the process of writing it.
Welcome to the archives of this series, and hope at least some of my posts resonate with you (be sure to let me know if you liked them!)
- Part 1: on life & regrets
- Part 2: the part of the story where I’m a migratory bird
- Part 3: maybe my lofty dreams can touch the sky
- Part 4: …but dreams take long-term planning
- Part 5: not all who wander in med school are lost
- Part 6: the promissory note of Happiness & the arrival fallacy
- Part 7: on success, life priorities and why I’m dropping out of the rat race
- Part 8: on ‘lying flat’, contentement & living simply
- Part 9: on self-sabotage, nearly quitting Housemanship and seeking my ‘Personal Legend’
- Part 10: The Great Resignation
- 10.1: the journey of a burnt-out doctor + why you shouldn’t rush into Med School at 19
- 10.2: the prestige trap + cognitive dissonance + jumping when you can afford to drown
- 10.3: The Alchemist + being a jack of all trades + the dangers of ‘先苦后甜/bitterness before sweetness’
- 10.4: status post-resignation & sabbatical + being my own Proof of Concept
- Part 11: reframing time + When Breath Becomes Air + rearranging life priorities
I’ll occasionally add to this series when inspiration strikes, so if you’re interested in reading more content like this, be sure to follow me on Instagram or like my Facebook page to be updated whenever I post something new!
P.S. I don’t make any money from running this blog, so if you’d like to support my writing and help me bring even better content to you, you can buy me a coffee/donate on Ko-fi!
| About | Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn | Spotify |
If you’re interested in exploring my blog, click here for an index of all the posts I’ve ever written (travel, musings, doctoring), or check out my most read series below:
- the Chasing Dreams series: a multi-part series chronicling my thoughts, dreams & changing ideals over the years (since 2018), including burnout, quitting the rat race, migration and trying to find my path in life
- the (not-so-definitive) guide to doctoring: Getting into Med School & FAQs | Surviving your Clinical Years | MBBS Tips | Life as a M1 // M2 // M3 // M4 // M5 during COVID // Life as a Doctor (monthly series) | Chasing Careers series